Beginning September 29th, 2010, Dillon, my brother Garrett, and his girlfriend Grace, and I, will be driving down to spend six wonderful days in Southern California, as well as two more days in Las Vegas as we make our way home.
While the plan is to leave around 7:00 in the a.m. on Wednesday, I bet the excitement we all will have is bound to get us on the road before midnight!
According to trusty old Google Maps, it would take us approximately 26 hours to get to our destination. With stops for food, bathroom breaks, driver switching, and accounting for traffic, I am going to estimate 30-32 hours. I am sure we can get to our hotel in plenty of time, maybe even a little early. There is no harm in that!
I have made reservations to stay at the Howard Johnson across the street from Disneyland from September 30th-October 7th. I have read great reviews of this place, and I am looking forward to our stay here. Not that we plan to be in the hotel a whole bunch, as we will be spending most of our time in the parks, but it's nice to have a clean room and a comfortable bed to sleep in when we come back every evening.
All day Friday and Saturday we plan to spend in the parks. We are going to hit Disneyland first, as two members of our group have never been, and of course are going to want to see the original first.
In the afternoon however, we are going to have to head over to California Adventure, as Disneyland is hosting a Halloween party that night that we don't have tickets to. I am currently waiting to be able to make reservations for Ariel's Grotto so we can get the World of Color Preffered Dining package. I figure while we are kind of forced to be in that park, we might as well make the best of it and see their popular new show!
Saturday I plan on spending all day in Disneyland. Seeing and doing as much as we can. I have made reservations at Big Thunder Round Up BBQ for dinner, and we are going to try our best to see Fantasmic! and Remember Dreams Come True fireworks this night. Let's hope we can make that work.
More plans coming in the next post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment