Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Trip Plans Continued...

For Sunday October 3rd, we have planned a day at Six Flags Magic Mountain! We are really looking forward to this as we are all ride people, and Garrett and I have dreamed of going on some of those roller coasters for years. So I thought that while we're down in the area, why not make a stop in there?

I kind of wish it was open on weekdays, so we can spend the longer hours that Disney has this day, but it is not, so this is the day we picked to go. On our way there we are planning on making a stop in Hollywood so I can get some pictures of MJ's star on the Walk of Fame and get a little taste of the celebrity life.

Monday we are heading back to Disneyland! I'd like to spend all day in Disneyland, but depending on what's happening, we might venture over to California Adventure at some point too. It's just hard to want to because we don't want to be stuck in the World Of Color crowds. And they stop running a lot of the rides at night due to the show. I have made reservations at Cafe Orleans for lunch at noon this day. Looking forward to trying some Beignets!

Tuesday would be my 30th birthday! The main reason I was planning this trip in the first place. I have made reservations to have breakfast at PCH Grill. It's a character breakfast called Surf's Up located at the Paradise Pier Hotel.

Hosting this meal will be Mickey Mouse, with special guest Stitch! Anyone who knows me will now know why I picked this to be my birthday meal. What better way to spend breakfast than with my two favourite Disney characters?

After breakfast we will probably spend the morning in California Adventure, as later in the afternoon we will be heading over to Disneyland for Mickey's Halloween Party! I am really excited about this! Actually I am excited about the entire trip, but you get my point.

Anywho, this is an event that is exclusive to ticket holders only, and I bought tickets for this day, as I didn't want to be told to leave Disneyland on my birthday. Plus I want to take advantage of the small crowds, special fireworks show, great picture opportunities and trick or treating! Yes, I get to go trick or treating at 30, if I want to. And I want to, just to say I did! It should be an awesome party.

The next day - Wednesday - is our last day. We haven't even gone yet and I am dreading the last day. We will just be using this day to do everything we didn't get to do, or repeat our favourites. I also booked another character breakfast at Storyteller's Cafe in the Grand Californian Hotel. I thought a memorable meal would be nice for our last day.

That concludes our Disney plans for the trip, but the trip is definitely not over yet! We still have Las Vegas!

While I am sure I will be depressed at having to leave Disneyland, at least I have something exciting to look forward to almost immediately after. Las Vegas. While I have never been there, I have heard many, many good stories from friends and family and I am so excited to finally see it for myself.

I booked us 2 nights at the Planet Hollywood Hotel. It is located right in the middle of the few things I know I want to see, so I thought that it might be perfect.

While I don't really have any set plans for when we are there, the few things I want to do are:

1. Visit the Coca-Cola store
2. See the Belagio Fountains (although I doubt they hold even a contest to World Of Color)
3. Check out the Miracle Mile Mall. Since it's attached to the hotel we are staying, this shouldn't be hard.
4. Get a souvenir drink (even though I am not much of a drinker, I want to try one)
5. Pinball Hall Of Fame - This is actually Dillon's wish, and I want to make sure he fulfills it.

That's it. I have nothing else planned. No meals. No shows. Nothing. But that's ok. With all the planning I have done for Disneyland, Las Vegas is going to be our relaxed (or at least mine) portion of the trip.

Then on Saturday the 9th we start our venture home. I am hoping we can make it to my Dad's house for some yummy Thanksgiving dinner, but that depends on when we are ready to leave Sin City!

So there you have it. Our huge amazing, full of awesomeness, trip. Sorry this blog may be long and not very colourful for lack of pictures, but those will come soon enough! Now I just have to make it through the next 34 days. I don't know how I am going to do it!

No comments: